Have you experienced problems?

Whilst we are confident in the service that we provide, we appreciate that with the volume of cases that we handle, situations can arise which may give cause for clients and customers to complain about our service levels.

When such problems occur, we want to know about them so that we may resolve them, learn from our mistakes and improve our service moving forward.

For this reason, if you have any complaint about your case, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Not sure if you should make a complaint?

Complaints are a two-way process that allow both parties to benefit and we want to hear from you.

If circumstances arise and you feel dissatisfied with our service, please contact us and let us know the problems you are having. We will do all we can to resolve any issues you have but, if you still feel dissatisfied and feel you wish to make a formal complaint, the process for doing so is set out below.

If I write in, how long will it be before I receive a response?

We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint. We will then endeavour to respond to your complaint within 6 weeks. If for any reason this is not possible, we will advise you that we will need to extend this period.

The Complaints Process

STAGE 1 – Resolution

Written complaints should be addressed to Customer Services, Gordons Property Lawyers, SC House, Vanwall Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 4UB, or sent by email to customerservices@gplawyers.co.uk. The complaint will be discussed and reviewed with the relevant Case Handler and we will then respond with a view to seeking a resolution acceptable to you.

STAGE 2 – Legal Ombudsman

If we have been unable to settle your complaint using our resolution process, you have a right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman. They are an independent complaints body, established under the Legal Services Act 2007, that deals with legal services complaints.

You have six months from the date of our final letter in which to complain to the Legal Ombudsman. You should contact the Legal Ombudsman using the following contact details:

Legal Ombudsman
PO Box 6806
Telephone: 0300 555 0333
Email address: enquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk
Website: www.legalombudsman.org.uk

It is important that the complaint process is followed.  Our regulating body will require confirmation that it has to enable them to deal with your complaint effectively.

Alternative complaints bodies (such as ProMediate, www.promediate.co.uk) exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme. We do not agree to use ProMediate.